Molecular Cell Biology »
|Molecular Cell Biology
- K.H. Bhat1, A. Ahmed1, S. Kumar, P. Sharma and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012). Role of PPE18 protein in intracellular survival and pathogenicity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in mice. PLoS ONE (In Press)
- Y. Akhter, M.T. Ehebauer, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S.E. Hasnain (2012). The PE/PPE multigene family codes for virulence factors and is a possible source of mycobacterial antigenic variation: perhaps more? Biochimie 94: 110-116.
- K.H. Bhat, C.K. Chaytanya, N. Parveen, R. Varman, S. Ghosh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012). The PPE protein Rv1168c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis augments transcription from HIV-1 LTR promoter. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287: 16930-16946.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, S. Nair and S. Ghosh** (2011). Pathogenesis in tuberculosis: transcriptomic approaches to unraveling virulence mechanisms and finding new drug targets. FEMS Microbiology Reviews 36: 463-485 (Invited Review).
- S. Mukhopadhyay* and K.N. Balaji* (2011). The PE and PPE proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis 91: 441-447.
- A. Das and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2011). The evil axis of obesity, inflammation and type-2 diabetes. Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders - Drug Targets 11: 23-31 (Invited Review).
- S. Nair, A.D. Pandey and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2011). The PPE18 protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibits NF-κB/rel-mediated proinflammatory cytokine production by upregulating and phosphorylating SOCS3 protein. Journal of Immunology 186: 5413-5424.
- K. Alam, S. Ghousunnissa, S. Nair, V.L. Valluri and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2010). Glutathione-redox balance regulates c-rel-driven IL-12 production in macrophages: possible implications in anti-tuberculosis immunotherapy. Journal of Immunology, 184: 2918-2929.
- S. Nair, P.A. Ramaswamy, S. Ghosh, D.C. Joshi, N. Pathak, I. Siddiqui, P. Sharma, S.E. Hasnain, S.C. Mande and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2009) The PPE18 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis interacts with TLR2 and activates IL-10 induction in macrophage. Journal of Immunology 183: 6269-6281.
- N. Bashir, F. Kounsar, S. Mukhopadhyay and S.E. Hasnain (2010). Mycobacterium tuberculosis conserved hypothetical protein rRv2626c modulates macrophage effector functions. Immunology 130: 34-45.
- M.A. Hussain, S.A. Naveed, L.A. Sechi, S. Ranjan, A. Alvi, I. Ahmed, A. Ranjan, S. Mukhopadhyay and N. Ahmed (2008). Isocitrate dehydrogenase of Helicobacter pylori potentially induces humoral immune response in subjects with peptic ulcer disease and gastritis. PLoS ONE 3: e1481.
- S. Tundup, N. Pathak, M. Ramanadham, S. Mukhopadhyay, K.J. Murthy, N.Z. Ehtesham, and S.E. Hasnain (2008). The co-operonic PE25/PPE41 protein complex of Mycobacterium tuberculosis elicits increased humoral and cell mediated immune response. PLoS ONE. 3:e3586.
- N. Khan, K. Alam, S. Nair, V.L. Valluri, K.J.R. Murthy and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2008). Strong immune responses to the PPE protein Rv1168c are associated with active tuberculosis disease. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 15: 974-980.
- N. Khan, K. Alam, S.C. Mande, V.L. Valluri, S.E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2008). Mycobacterium tuberculosis heat shock protein 60 modulates immune response to PPD by manipulating the surface expression of TLR2 on macrophages. Cellular Microbiology 10: 1711-1722.
- N. Khan, S. Ghousunnissa, S.M. Jegadeeswaran, D. Thiagarajan, S.E. Hasnain, and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2007). Anti-B7-1/B7-2 antibody elicits innate-effector responses in macrophages through NF-κB-dependent pathway. International Immunology 19: 477-486.
- S. Mukhopadhyay*, S. Nair, and S.E. Hasnain (2007) Nitric oxide: Friendly rivalry in tuberculosis. Current Signal Transduction Therapy, 2:121-28.
- C.S. Boddupalli, S. Ghosh, S.S. Rahim, S. Nair, N.Z. Ehtesham, S.E.. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2007). Nitric oxide inhibits interleukin-12 p40 through p38 MAPK-mediated regulation of calmodulin and c-rel. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 42: 686-497.
- N. Khan, S.S. Rahim, C.S. Boddupalli, S. Ghousunnissa, S. Padma, N. Pathak, D. Thiagarajan, S.E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay(2006). Hydrogen peroxide inhibits IL-12 p40 induction in macrophages by inhibiting c-rel translocation to the nucleus through activation of calmodulin protein. Blood 107: 1513-1520.
- S.S. Rahim, N. Khan, C.S. Boddupalli, S.E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2004). IL-10 mediated suppression of IL-12 production in RAW 264.7 cells also involves c-rel transcription factor. Immunology 114: 313-321
- N. Silswal, A.K. Singh, B. Aruna, S. Mukhupadhyay, S. Ghosh, and Z. Ehtesham (2005). Human resistin stimulates the pro-inammatory cytokines TNF-. and IL-12 in macrophages by NF-κB-dependent pathway. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 334: 1092-1101.
- S. Ghosh, S. Rasheedi, S.S. Rahim, S. Banerjee, R.K. Choudhary, P. Chakhaiyar, N.Z. Ehtesham, S. Mukhopadhyay and S.E. Hasnain (2004). Method for enhancing solubility of the expressed recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli. Biotechniques 37: 418-423.
- S. Mukhopadhyay*, V.M.L. Srivastava, P.K. Murthy and S.E. Hasnain (2004) Poorer NF-κB signaling by microfilariae in macrophages from BALB/c mice affects their ability to produce cytotoxic levels of nitric oxide to kill microfilariae. FEBS Letters 567: 275-280.
- R.K. Choudhary, S. Mukhopadhyay, P. Chakhaiyar, N. Sharma, K.J.R. Murthy, V.M. Katoch and S.E. Hasnain (2003). PPE antigen Rv2430c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces a strong B cell response. Infection Immunity 71: 6338-6343.
- M.D. Bashyam and S. Mukhopadhyay (2003). Status of Tuberculosis in India-2003 (R. Nayak, M. S. Shaila and G. R. Rao eds.) and Trends in Malaria and Vaccine Research: The current Indian Scenario (D. Raghunath and R. Nayak eds.). Book Review, Infection, Genetics and Evolution 3: 75-77.
- S. Ghosh, A.K. Singh, B. Aruna, S. Mukhopadhyay, and N.Z. Ehtesham (2003). The genomic organization of mouse resistin reveals major difference from the human resistin. Gene 305: 27-34
- S. Bhatia, S. Mukhopadhyay, E. Jarman, G. Hall, A. George, S. Rath, J.R. Lamb and V. Bal, (2002). Scavenger receptor-specific allergen delivery elicits IFN-g-dominated immunity and directs established Th2-dominated responses to a non-allergic phenotype. Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 109: 321-328.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, M. Mohanty, A. Mangla, A. George, V. Bal, S. Rath, and B. Ravindran (2002). Macrophage effector functions controlled by Bruton's tyrosine kinase are more crucial for microfilarial clearance than the cytokine balance of T cell responses. Journal of Immunology 168: 2914-2921.
- B. Ravindran, P.K. Sahoo, M. Mohanty, S. Mukhopadhyay and A.P. Dash (1999) Increased susceptibility of mice with XID mutation to Brugia malayi infection. Medical Science Research 27: 135-137.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, P.K. Sahoo, A. George, V. Bal, S. Rath and B. Ravindran (1999) Delayed clearance of filarial infection and enhanced Th1 immunity due to modulation of macrophage APC functions in xid mice. Journal of Immunology 163: 875-883.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, A. George, V. Bal, B. Ravindran and S. Rath (1999). Bruton's tyrosine ki-nase deficiency in macrophages inhibits nitric oxide generation leading to enhancement of interleukin-12 induction. Journal of Immunology 163: 1786-1792.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, A.P. Dash & B. Ravindran (1996) Setaria digitata in Mastomys coucha : An animal model for chemotherapeutic and immunobiological studies. Parasitology 113: 323-330.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, & B. Ravindran (1997) Antibodies to diethylcarbamazine potentiate the anti-filarial activity of the drug. Parasite Immunology 19: 191-195.
|List of Patents taken|
- S. Mukhopadhyay, K. H. Bhat and N. Khan. Methods for Identifying inhibitors of Rvxxx (filed in India [24 Nov 2008]).
- S. Mukhopadhyay, K. H. Bhat and N. Khan. Inhibitors of Rv0256c. (filed in USA, [USPTO, 31Aug 2009]). Application number: 12/551,115; Publication number: US 2010/0129809 A1; Filing date: 31Aug2009;
- S. Mukhopadhyay and N. Khan. Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (filed in USA [USPTO, 19 Dec 2008]). http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2010/0159485.html.
|Last updated on: Thursday, 6st December, 2012.