Molecular Cell Biology »
|Molecular Cell Biology
- Bhat KH, Das A, Srikantam A, and Mukhopadhyay S. 2013. PPE2 protein of M. tuberculosis inhibits production of nitric oxide in activated macrophages. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.1283:97.101
- Abraham PR, Latha GS, Valluri VL and Mukhopadhyay S. 2013. Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPE protein Rv0256c induces strong B cell response in tuberculosis patients. Infect Genet Evol. pii: S1567-1348(13)00248-7.
- Parveen N, Varman R, Nair S, Das G, Ghosh S and Mukhopadhyay S. 2013. Endocytosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis heat shock protein 60 is required to induce interleukin-10 production in macrophages. Journal of Biological Chemistry (In Press)
- K.H. Bhat1, A. Ahmed1, S. Kumar, P. Sharma and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012). Role of PPE18 protein in intracellular survival and pathogenicity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in mice. PLoS ONE (In Press)
- Y. Akhter, M.T. Ehebauer, S. Mukhopadhyay, and S.E. Hasnain (2012). The PE/PPE multigene family codes for virulence factors and is a possible source of mycobacterial antigenic variation: perhaps more? Biochimie 94: 110-116.
- K.H. Bhat, C.K. Chaytanya, N. Parveen, R. Varman, S. Ghosh and S. Mukhopadhyay (2012). The PPE protein Rv1168c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis augments transcription from HIV-1 LTR promoter. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287: 16930-16946.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, S. Nair and S. Ghosh** (2011). Pathogenesis in tuberculosis: transcriptomic approaches to unraveling virulence mechanisms and finding new drug targets. FEMS Microbiology Reviews 36: 463-485 (Invited Review).
- S. Mukhopadhyay* and K.N. Balaji* (2011). The PE and PPE proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis 91: 441-447.
- A. Das and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2011). The evil axis of obesity, inflammation and type-2 diabetes. Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders - Drug Targets 11: 23-31 (Invited Review).
- S. Nair, A.D. Pandey and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2011). The PPE18 protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibits NF-κB/rel-mediated proinflammatory cytokine production by upregulating and phosphorylating SOCS3 protein. Journal of Immunology 186: 5413-5424.
- K. Alam, S. Ghousunnissa, S. Nair, V.L. Valluri and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2010). Glutathione-redox balance regulates c-rel-driven IL-12 production in macrophages: possible implications in anti-tuberculosis immunotherapy. Journal of Immunology, 184: 2918-2929.
- S. Nair, P.A. Ramaswamy, S. Ghosh, D.C. Joshi, N. Pathak, I. Siddiqui, P. Sharma, S.E. Hasnain, S.C. Mande and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2009) The PPE18 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis interacts with TLR2 and activates IL-10 induction in macrophage. Journal of Immunology 183: 6269-6281.
- N. Bashir, F. Kounsar, S. Mukhopadhyay and S.E. Hasnain (2010). Mycobacterium tuberculosis conserved hypothetical protein rRv2626c modulates macrophage effector functions. Immunology 130: 34-45.
- M.A. Hussain, S.A. Naveed, L.A. Sechi, S. Ranjan, A. Alvi, I. Ahmed, A. Ranjan, S. Mukhopadhyay and N. Ahmed (2008). Isocitrate dehydrogenase of Helicobacter pylori potentially induces humoral immune response in subjects with peptic ulcer disease and gastritis. PLoS ONE 3: e1481.
- S. Tundup, N. Pathak, M. Ramanadham, S. Mukhopadhyay, K.J. Murthy, N.Z. Ehtesham, and S.E. Hasnain (2008). The co-operonic PE25/PPE41 protein complex of Mycobacterium tuberculosis elicits increased humoral and cell mediated immune response. PLoS ONE. 3:e3586.
- N. Khan, K. Alam, S. Nair, V.L. Valluri, K.J.R. Murthy and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2008). Strong immune responses to the PPE protein Rv1168c are associated with active tuberculosis disease. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 15: 974-980.
- N. Khan, K. Alam, S.C. Mande, V.L. Valluri, S.E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2008). Mycobacterium tuberculosis heat shock protein 60 modulates immune response to PPD by manipulating the surface expression of TLR2 on macrophages. Cellular Microbiology 10: 1711-1722.
- N. Khan, S. Ghousunnissa, S.M. Jegadeeswaran, D. Thiagarajan, S.E. Hasnain, and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2007). Anti-B7-1/B7-2 antibody elicits innate-effector responses in macrophages through NF-κB-dependent pathway. International Immunology 19: 477-486.
- S. Mukhopadhyay*, S. Nair, and S.E. Hasnain (2007) Nitric oxide: Friendly rivalry in tuberculosis. Current Signal Transduction Therapy, 2:121-28.
- C.S. Boddupalli, S. Ghosh, S.S. Rahim, S. Nair, N.Z. Ehtesham, S.E.. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2007). Nitric oxide inhibits interleukin-12 p40 through p38 MAPK-mediated regulation of calmodulin and c-rel. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 42: 686-497.
- N. Khan, S.S. Rahim, C.S. Boddupalli, S. Ghousunnissa, S. Padma, N. Pathak, D. Thiagarajan, S.E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay(2006). Hydrogen peroxide inhibits IL-12 p40 induction in macrophages by inhibiting c-rel translocation to the nucleus through activation of calmodulin protein. Blood 107: 1513-1520.
- S.S. Rahim, N. Khan, C.S. Boddupalli, S.E. Hasnain and S. Mukhopadhyay* (2004). IL-10 mediated suppression of IL-12 production in RAW 264.7 cells also involves c-rel transcription factor. Immunology 114: 313-321
- N. Silswal, A.K. Singh, B. Aruna, S. Mukhupadhyay, S. Ghosh, and Z. Ehtesham (2005). Human resistin stimulates the pro-inammatory cytokines TNF-. and IL-12 in macrophages by NF-κB-dependent pathway. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 334: 1092-1101.
- S. Ghosh, S. Rasheedi, S.S. Rahim, S. Banerjee, R.K. Choudhary, P. Chakhaiyar, N.Z. Ehtesham, S. Mukhopadhyay and S.E. Hasnain (2004). Method for enhancing solubility of the expressed recombinant proteins in Escherichia coli. Biotechniques 37: 418-423.
- S. Mukhopadhyay*, V.M.L. Srivastava, P.K. Murthy and S.E. Hasnain (2004) Poorer NF-κB signaling by microfilariae in macrophages from BALB/c mice affects their ability to produce cytotoxic levels of nitric oxide to kill microfilariae. FEBS Letters 567: 275-280.
- R.K. Choudhary, S. Mukhopadhyay, P. Chakhaiyar, N. Sharma, K.J.R. Murthy, V.M. Katoch and S.E. Hasnain (2003). PPE antigen Rv2430c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces a strong B cell response. Infection Immunity 71: 6338-6343.
- M.D. Bashyam and S. Mukhopadhyay (2003). Status of Tuberculosis in India-2003 (R. Nayak, M. S. Shaila and G. R. Rao eds.) and Trends in Malaria and Vaccine Research: The current Indian Scenario (D. Raghunath and R. Nayak eds.). Book Review, Infection, Genetics and Evolution 3: 75-77.
- S. Ghosh, A.K. Singh, B. Aruna, S. Mukhopadhyay, and N.Z. Ehtesham (2003). The genomic organization of mouse resistin reveals major difference from the human resistin. Gene 305: 27-34
- S. Bhatia, S. Mukhopadhyay, E. Jarman, G. Hall, A. George, S. Rath, J.R. Lamb and V. Bal, (2002). Scavenger receptor-specific allergen delivery elicits IFN-g-dominated immunity and directs established Th2-dominated responses to a non-allergic phenotype. Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 109: 321-328.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, M. Mohanty, A. Mangla, A. George, V. Bal, S. Rath, and B. Ravindran (2002). Macrophage effector functions controlled by Bruton's tyrosine kinase are more crucial for microfilarial clearance than the cytokine balance of T cell responses. Journal of Immunology 168: 2914-2921.
- B. Ravindran, P.K. Sahoo, M. Mohanty, S. Mukhopadhyay and A.P. Dash (1999) Increased susceptibility of mice with XID mutation to Brugia malayi infection. Medical Science Research 27: 135-137.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, P.K. Sahoo, A. George, V. Bal, S. Rath and B. Ravindran (1999) Delayed clearance of filarial infection and enhanced Th1 immunity due to modulation of macrophage APC functions in xid mice. Journal of Immunology 163: 875-883.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, A. George, V. Bal, B. Ravindran and S. Rath (1999). Bruton's tyrosine ki-nase deficiency in macrophages inhibits nitric oxide generation leading to enhancement of interleukin-12 induction. Journal of Immunology 163: 1786-1792.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, A.P. Dash & B. Ravindran (1996) Setaria digitata in Mastomys coucha : An animal model for chemotherapeutic and immunobiological studies. Parasitology 113: 323-330.
- S. Mukhopadhyay**, & B. Ravindran (1997) Antibodies to diethylcarbamazine potentiate the anti-filarial activity of the drug. Parasite Immunology 19: 191-195.
|List of Patents taken|
- S. Mukhopadhyay, K. H. Bhat and N. Khan. Methods for Identifying inhibitors of Rvxxx (filed in India [24 Nov 2008]).
- S. Mukhopadhyay, K. H. Bhat and N. Khan. Inhibitors of Rv0256c. (filed in USA, [USPTO, 31Aug 2009]). Application number: 12/551,115; Publication number: US 2010/0129809 A1; Filing date: 31Aug2009;
- S. Mukhopadhyay and N. Khan. Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (filed in USA [USPTO, 19 Dec 2008]). http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2010/0159485.html.
|Last updated on: Tuesday, 16st July, 2013.