|Home » Molecular Oncology »
- Ratheesh Raman, Viswakalyan Kotapalli, Raju Adduri, Swarnalata Gowrishankar, Leena Bashyam, Ajay Chaudhary, Mohana Vamsy, Sujith Patnaik, Mukta Srinivasulu, Regulagadda Sastry, Subramanyeshwar Rao, Anjayneyulu Vasala, NarasimhaRaju Kalidindi, Jonathan Pollack, Sudha Murthy and Murali Bashyam. Evidence for possible non-canonical pathway(s) driven early-onset colorectal cancer in India, Molecular carcinogenesis, 2014; 53:E181.E186.
- Murali D. Bashyam, Ajay K. Chaudhary, Manjari Sinha, Hampapathalu A. Nagarajaram, Radha RamaDevi, Prajnya Ranganath, Ashwin Dalal, Leena Bashyam, Neerja Gupta, Madhulika Kabra Mamta Muranjan, Ratna D. Puri, Ishwar C. Verma, Sheela Nampoothiri, Jayarama S. Kadandale. Splice, insertion-deletion and nonsense mutations that perturb the Phenylalanine hydroxylase transcript cause Phenylketonuria in India. J Cell Biochem, 2014, 115:566-574.
- Ratheesh Raman, Ravikanth Kongara, Viswakalyan Kotapalli, Swarnalata Gowrishankar, Regulagadda A Sastry, Bheerappa Nagari, and Murali D Bashyam. Pathological stage significantly predicts survival in colorectal cancer patients: a study from two tertiary care centres in India. Colorectal cancer, 2014; in press
- Md Khursheed and Murali D Bashyam. Apico-basal polarity complex and cancer. J Biosciences 2014; 39:145-155 .
- Murali D Bashyam and Ratheesh Raman. Molecular origins of colon and rectal cancer: not a Wnt-Wnt situation. Current colorectal cancer reports. 2013; 9:365-371.
- Murali D. Bashyam, Ajay K. Chaudhary, Manjari Kiran, Venkat Reddy, Hampapathalu A. Nagarajaram, Ashwin Dalal, Leena Bashyam, Deepti Suri, Anju Gupta, Neerja Gupta, Madhulika Kabra, Ratna Puri, RadhaRamaDevi, Seema Kapoor, Sumita Danda. Molecular analyses of novel ASAH1 mutations causing Farber lipogranulomatosis: analyses of exonic splicing enhancer inactivating mutation. Clin Genet, 2013, Nov 8. doi: 10.1111/cge.12316.
- Ramaswamy Pandilla, Viswakalyan Kotapalli, Swarnalata Gowrishankar, MohanaVamsy Chigurupati, Sujith Patnaik, Shantveer Uppin, Subramanyeshwar Rao, NarasimhaRaju Kalidindi, Sastry Regulagadda, Challa Sundaram, Mukta Srinivasulu, Anjayneyulu Vasala, and Murali Dharan Bashyam. Distinct genetic aberrations in esophageal adeno and squamous carcinoma. Eur J Clin Invest; 2013; 43 (12): 1233-1239
- Md Khursheed, Jayaprakash N Kolla, Viswakalyan Kotapalli, Neha Gupta, Swarnalata Gowrishankar, Shantveer G Uppin, Regulagadda Sastry, Suman Koganti, Challa Sundaram, Jonathan R Pollack, Murali D Bashyam. ARID1B, a member of the human SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, exhibits tumor suppressor activities in pancreatic cancer cell lines. British journal of cancer, 2013, 108:2056-2062.
- Sridhar Kavela, Swapnil R. Shinde, Raman Ratheesh, Kotapalli Viswakalyan, Murali Bashyam, Swarnalata Gowrishankar, Mohana Vamsy, Sujith Pattnaik, Subramanyeshwar Rao, Regulagadda Sastry, Mukta Srinivasulu, Junjie Chen, Maddika S Reddy. PNUTS functions as a proto-oncogene by sequestering PTEN. Cancer research 2013; 73:205-214.
- Muranjan M, Agarwal S, Lahiri K, Bashyam M. Novel biochemical abnormalities and genotype in farber disease. Indian Pediatr. 2012 Apr 8;49(4):320-2.
- Murali D Bashyam, Ajay K Chaudhary, Manjari, H A Nagarajaram, A Radha Rama Devi, Leena Bashyam, E Chandrakanth Reddy, Ashwin Dalal (2012). Molecular genetic analysis of MSUD from India reveals mutations causing altered protein truncation affecting the C-termini of E1α and E1β. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry; 113:3122-3132.
- M D Bashyam, A K Chaudhary, E C Reddy, V Reddy, V Acharya, H A Nagarajaram, A R R Devi, L Bashyam, A B Dalal, N Gupta, M Kabra, M Agarwal, S R Phadke, R Tainwala, R Kumar, S V Hariharan. A founder ectodysplasin A receptor (EDAR) founder mutation results in a high frequency of the autosomal recessive form of Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia in India. Br J Dermatol. 2012; 166:819-829.
- Murali Dharan Bashyam, Ajay K Chaudhary, Vijay Bhat. The IVS2+837T>G appears to be a relatively common 'rare' β-GLOBIN gene mutation among β-Thalassemia patients in the South Indian state of Karnataka. Hemoglobin 2012;36(5):497-503.
- AH Shain, CP Giacomini, K Matsukuma, CA Karikari, MD Bashyam, M Hidalgo, A Maitra, JR Pollack. Convergent structural alterations define SWI/SNF chromatin remodeler as a central tumor suppressive complex in pancreatic cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA. 2012, 109:E252-E259.
- Murali Bashyam, Guroji Purushotham, Ajay K Chaudhary, Madhumohan Rao, Vishal Acharya, Tabrez Mohammad, Hampapatalu Nagarajaram, Vuppaladadhiam Hariram, Calambur Narasimhan. A low prevalence of MYH7/MYBPC3 mutations among Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy patients in India. Mol Cell Biochem 2012, 360:373-382.
- Kwei KA, Shain AH, Bair R, Montgomery K, Karikari CA, van de Rijn M, Hidalgo M, Maitra A, Bashyam MD, Pollack JR. SMURF1 Amplification Promotes Invasiveness in Pancreatic Cancer. PLoS One 2011;6(8):e23924.
- Nirmala Yabaluri* and Murali D Bashyam*. 2010. Hormonal regulation of gluconeogenic gene transcription in the liver. J Biosci 35:473-484 *shared corresponding authorship.
- Bashyam MD, Chaudhary A, Reddy E, RamaDevi A, Savithri G, Ratheesh R, Bashyam L, Mahesh E, Sen D, Puri R, Verma I, Nampoothiri S, Vaidyanathan S, Chandrasekhar M, Kantheti P. 2010. Phenylalanine hydroxylase gene mutations in phenylketonuria patients from India: identification of novel mutations that affect PAH RNA. Mol Genet Metabolism 100:96-99.
- Angalena R, Prabitha KN, Chaudhary AK, Bashyam MD, Dalal AB. A novel homozygous point mutation at codon 82 (HBB:c.247A > T)) in the beta-globin gene leads to thalassemia major. Int J Lab Hematol 2010 Oct;32(5):548-549 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20136848
- Purushotham G, Madhumohan K, Anwaruddin M, Nagarajaram H, Hariram V, Narasimhan C, Bashyam MD. The MYH7 p.R787H mutation causes hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in two unrelated families. Exp Clin Cardiol. 2010 Spring;15(1):e1-4.
- Murali D Bashyam,Angalena R, Ajay Chaudhary, Ashwin Dalal. Hemoglobin D (Iran) masquerading as Hemoglobin E: An interesting case report. Newsletter of Genetics Chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Vol 2, Issue 1 (Jan-Mar 2009).
- Bashyam MD. Nonsense -mediated decay: linking a basic cellular process to human disease. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2009 May;9(4):299-303.
- Murali D Bashyam, Senthil Kumar, Aruna Ramachandran and Seyed E Hasnain (2009). Octamer and heat shock elements regulate transcription from the AcMNPV polyhedrin gene promoter. Arch Virol 154:445-456
- Murali D Bashyam. (2009). Studies on nonsense mediated decay reveal novel therapeutic options for genetic diseases. Recent patents on DNA & Gene Sequences 3:7-15i
- Murali D Bashyam and R Ratheesh. 2008. Genetic instability in colorectal cancer. ICFAI Journal of Biotechnology, 2:13-26.
- Kevin A. Kwei*, Murali D. Bashyam*#, Jessica Kao, Raman Ratheesh, Edumakanti C. Reddy, Young H. Kim, Kelli Montgomery, Craig P. Giacomini, Yoon-La Choi1, Sreejata Chatterjee, Collins A. Karikari, Keyan Salari1, Pei Wang6, Tina Hernandez-Boussard, Gowrishankar Swarnalata, Matt van de Rijn, Anirban Maitra, Jonathan R. Pollack#. 2008. Genomic profiling identifies GATA6 as a candidate oncogene amplified in pancreatobiliary cancer. PLOS-Genetics, 4:e100081.
* shared first authorship
# shared senior authorship
- M D Bashyam, A RadhaRama Devi, C K Reddy and S Ranjan. 2007. Molecular genetic analysis of Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia patients from India reveals novel mutations in the EDA and EDAR genes. Br J Dermatol 158:163-167.
- Bashyam M. D. and S. E. Hasnain.; Array-based Comparative Genomic Hybdidization: applications in cancer and tuberculosis; in Bioarrays, Ed K Appasani, Humana Press, 2007, pp 107-121.
- M D Bashyam, G R Savithri, M Gopikrishna, C Narasimhan. 2007. A p.R870H mutation in the beta cardiac myosin heavy chain 7 gene causes Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in several members of an Indian family. Canad J Cardiol.23:788-790
- MD Bashyam, A RadhaRama Devi, M Gopikrishna, R Ratheesh, G Savithri and G Swarnalata. (2006). Farber lipogranulomatosis-clinical and molecular genetic analysis reveals a novel mutation In an Indian family. J Hum Genet 51:811-814.
- Bashyam M D, Ryan Bair, Young H Kim, Pei Wang, Tina Hernandez-Boussard, Trobert Tibshirani, Anirban Maitra, Jonathan R. Pollack. Array-based comparaative genomic hybridization identifies localized DNA ampilfications and homozygous deletions in pancreatic cancer. Neoplasia, 7:556-562.
- Murali Dharan Bashyam, Leena Bashyam, Gorinabele R Savithri, Munimanda Gopikrishna, Vartul Sangal, Akela Radha Rama Devi. (2004) Molecular genetic analyses of b-thalassemia in South India reveals rare mutations in the b-globin gene. Journal of Human Genetics, 49:408-413.
- M D Bashyam and S E Hasnain. (2004) The extracytoplasmic function sigma factors: role in bacterial pathogenesis. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 4:301-308.
- Bashyam, M.D., Viswanathan, P., Venkaiah, B., Kumar, S., Rasheedi, S., Vrati S. and Hasnain, S.E. (2003) The homologous region sequence (hr1) of Autographa californica multinucleocapsid polyhedrosis virus can enhance transcription from non-baculoviral promoters in mammalian cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 278: 52564 - 52571
- Bashyam, M. D. and S. E. Hasnain (2003) The human genome sequence: impact on health care. Ind. J. Med. Res. 117:43-65.
- Bashyam, M. D. (2003). Prokaryotic Genomes (Michel Blot ed.). Book Review, Current Science, 84:1366-1367. *
- Murali D Bashyam, Gorinabele R Savithri, Murugapiran S Kumar, Calambur Narasimhan and Pratibha Nallari (2003). Molecular genetics of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC). J. Hum. Genet. 48:55-64.
- Bashyam, M. D. and S. Mukhopadhyay (2003). Status of Tuberculosis in India-2003 (R. Nayak, M. S. Shaila and G. R. Rao eds.) and Trends in Malaria and Vaccine Research: The current Indian Scenario (D. Raghunath and R.Nayak eds.). Book Review, Infection, Genetics and Evolution 3:75-77. *
- Bashyam, M. D. (2002). Microarrays for the Neurosciences : An essential guide. Daniel H. Geschwind and Jeffery P. Gregg (eds.). Book Review, Current Science 83:649-650. *
- Bashyam, M. D. (2002) Understanding cancer metastasis: An urgent need for using differential gene expression analysis. Cancer 94:1821-1829.
- M. D. Bashyam, Ramachandran, A., P. Viswanathan, S. Ghosh, M. S. Kumar, S. E. Hasnain. (2001). The bountiful and baffling baculovirus: The story of polyhedrin transcription. Current Science 81:998-1010.
- M. D. Bashyam, Ramachandran, A., A. Jain, P. Arora, U. Chatterjee, S. Ghosh, V. K. Parnaik, and S. E. Hasnain. (2001) Novel Sp family-like transcription factors are present in adult insect cells and are involved in transcription from the polyhedrin gene initiator promoter. J. Biol. Chem.276:23440-23449.
- Bashyam, M. D., S. Ghosh, A. Ramachandran, P. Viswanathan, S. E. Hasnain. (2000) Multiple regulatory circuits for transcription from the polyhedrin gene promoter of the Autographa californica multiple nucleocapsid nuclear polyhedrosis virus. Proc. Indian Natn. Sci. Acad. (PINSA) B66 Nos 2&3 pp 83-96.
- Bashyam, M. D. and A. K. Tyagi (1998) Identification and analysis of "extended -10" promoters from mycobacteria. J. Bacteriol. 180:2568-2573.
- Bashyam, M. D., D. Kaushal, S. K. Dasgupta and A. K. Tyagi (1996) A study of the mycobacterial transcriptional apparatus: identification of novel features in promoter elements. J. Bacteriol. 178:4847-4853.
- Bashyam, M. D. and A. K. Tyagi (1994) An efficient and high yielding method for isolation of RNA from mycobacteria. Biotechniques 17:834-836.
- M. D. Bashyam, Dasgupta, S. K. and A. K. Tyagi (1993) Cloning and assessment of mycobacterial promoters by using a plasmid shuttle vector. J. Bacteriol. 175:5186-5192.
|Last updated on : Tuesday, 8th April, 2014.