CDFD, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from Indian nationals for the following purely temporary vacancies in research project titled "Characterization of tumor suppressor function of mRNA 4466
" funded by CSIR and the project titled "Genome India: Cataloguing the Genetic variation in Indians
" funded by DBT.
CDFD wishes to fill up the following posts in the above projects.
The description of the positions and the Essential & Desirable qualifications for various vacancies are as follows:
Project Title: Characterization of tumor suppressor function of mRNA 4466
- Project - Senior Research Fellow (Number of posts-1):
Upper Age Limit (only for fresh recruits): 32 years
Emoluments: ₹ 31,000/- p.m. + HRA (applicable only if selected candidate does not avail CDFD hostel accommodation)
Description of Project work: The selected candidates will be expected to utilize several modern biology techniques to fulfill the project objectives.
- M.Sc., B.E., B.Tech, B.V.Sc., B.Pharm, or equivalent degree, and at least two years of post – M.Sc., B.E., B.Tech, B.V.Sc., B.Pharm Research Experience, as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals.
- M.E., M.Tech or equivalent degree in Engineering/Technology.
- MBBS or BDS with 1 year internship / MVSc / MPharm or equivalent.
Project Title: Genome India: Cataloguing the Genetic variation in Indians
- Data Analyst (Number of posts - 2):
Upper Age Limit (only for fresh recruits): 35 years
Consolidated Emoluments: ₹ 31,000/- p.m.
Description of Project work: The selected candidates will be expected to utilize several modern biology techniques to fulfil the project objectives and/or utilize computational biology techniques to analyze NGS data.
- B.Tech / M.Sc. in Life Sciences / Computer Science / Allied Science
The general terms and conditions governing the Advertisement No. CDFD/EMPC/3/AUG'20 are as follows:
- Depending on the qualifications, experience and recommendations of the Selection Committee, the selected candidates may be placed in a scale and designation lower than the grade advertised/applied (in the same group)
- All these positions are purely temporary and are initially for a maximum period of one year. They could be extended / terminated depending on the continuation of the project(s). The appointments will not be extended beyond the end date of the project.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Ex-service person/EWS applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
- Relaxation of age for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Women applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
- Mere fulfilling the minimum qualifications will not entitle the candidate for being shortlisted for interview. The applications will be screened by a Committee and candidates found suitable will be shortlisted and interviewed through video conference. The decision of the Director, CDFD will be final in this respect and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Any of the selected individuals may from time to time be assigned to perform any other duties commensurate with their qualifications, by the Director, CDFD.
- The Director, CDFD reserves the right to suitably change/relax any of the above conditions. He also reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reason.
Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions, should apply in the prescribed application form Online
. Please upload soft copies of certificates in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, reservation category (if applicable). Please contact csirrcrmt<cdfd.org.in>
for any queries. The last date for submitting online applications is 07.09.2020.
Incomplete applications and applications without caste / disability certificate (if applicable) or the applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.